Re: List etiquette question

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

> Nathaniel Hall wrote:

> > I find it annoying to have to scroll to the bottom of a post that
> > has five responses to it when there is only a line to read.

> Ah, that one is completely different problem.  It is the problem of
> people not deleting unrelevant parts from quoted text.

THANK YOU!  i've made that observation before -- that the only reason
folks can give for top posting is to deal with what shouldn't be a
problem in the first place.  no: two wrongs don't make a right.

and now, a humble suggestion.  we have these flame wars way too
regularly.  and way too regularly, we get this laissez faire, "well,
everyone has their preferences, different strokes for different folks,
live and let live" nonsense.

here's a solution -- can we post the mailing list etiquette rules
somewhere under fedora.redhat.com?  that way, any time some dimwit
joins this club and decides he likes his personal way of doing things,
he can be pointed in short order at the *fedora*-approved etiquette
list.  at which point, that should be the end of the debate.

can someone at redhat arrange something like this?  basically, i'm as
tired of these discussions as everyone else.  and, no, i don't *care*
how you did it where you came from.

rday