Re: Network Connection Resets (SSH)

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 08:58 -0500, Gordon Thagard wrote:
> CORE 3
>
> Hello, I have recently done a fresh install of Fedora Core 3 and am
> getting "connection resets" on my SSH sessions after about 24 hours.
> When I was using Fedora Core 1 and Core 2 it was possible to leave SSH
> sessions open for days or weeks without problems. So I'm trying to
> figure out what new, exciting "feature" is doing this to me.
>
> Thanks to any and all who may be of assistance.

I doubt this is your problem, but at work, I go through firewalls that
use connection timeouts.  Any idle connection would timeout after two
hours.  Here's a patch that will add a heartbeat to ssh.  Works pretty
well for me.

 http://www.sc.isc.tohoku.ac.jp/~hgot/sources/openssh-watchdog.html

--
Be big.  Be meaty.  Be Frank.