Re: Help Configuring Samba

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 01:55:39PM -0500, James Kosin wrote:
> Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> |Am Mi, den 10.11.2004 schrieb Stormblaze um 19:10:
> |
> |>Yes but I don't see it when I browse from Windows XP so I can't map
> to it.
> |
> I've also seen some problems with some network cards under windows
> that they never see the other computer. ...

Along this line do check the network addresses and netmasks.  The
169.254.x.x - APIPA, Automatic Private IP Address might be involved.
Even if two boxes are on the same physical network if the network
addresses are ill assigned or configured they will not talk as
expected.

It is possible to configure a link to interact with multiple networks
on the same wire and even route packets between the two logical
nets.

For simplicity stick with exactly one for now.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	spam unwanted email.