YUM Update Killed GUI

Hi All,

got the latest updates from the RedHat Fedora repository, and the install,
via YUM stalled at 23 of 33 updates. So, I closed the cli and rebooted, and
the system rebooted all the way until it got to the 1st
GUI/username/password input(if you can call a blank window getting to). I
hadn't done any back-ups at this stage(actually, had just studied how to
make back-ups with TAR just last night). Anyway, I booted with the recovery
CD, and did another YUM Update, but, it said there was nothing to update.
What has happened here..? A lot of the updates were I think Xorg stuff/fints
etc. Can I get back from this, or, is it another install(ouch)..? Cheers.

P.S. I'm not too sure what info to post for this. Can I get YUM to print
what it installed etc..? Let me know if you need something to assist in
evaluating this mess. Cheers, again.

Fedora Core 2

Mark Sargent.