Re: Courier-0.47 RPMBuild error

Paul Howarth writes:

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 18:59 -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Good news for you -- you should no longer be required to deal with this drivel in FC3. It's a known issue, and my understanding that FC3's rpm uses the internal glob() function, instead of glibc's which breaks rpm.

I rebuilt rpm for FC2, using the internal glob() func, and this fixed the problem.

I think this should really be an errata for rpm for FC2. Even if it's only the same version of rpm as released with FC2, but with the configure option to enable the internal glob().

However, bearing in mind the "Absolute symlinks hell!!" thread, this may be storing up trouble for the future (system upgrade time) if anaconda can't handle absolute symlinks.

If Anaconda can't handle absolute symlinks, then anaconda simply needs to be fixed.