Move from Raid 1 to single disk

Hi list

A bit of an odd one this but I seem to be good at finding the odd ones :-)

I have a box running FC3 on raid 1 across my 2 hdd's.
The raid is a bit overkill really & I have decided that I would like
to reclaim my 2nd hdd, so.....
I am currently copying my entire filesystem to a backup location on a
server, the plan being to boot something like a knoppix cd,
repartition my hda, copy my filesystem back to it, modify fstab and
reboot it from the single disk.

Anyone see any problems with this or indeed have any better ideas?

--
Mark Farmer RHCT
Registered Linux User 353158