Re: Fedora 3 Instal. Problem (could not allocate requested partitions)

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:57:22 -0800 (PST), KKThird@xxxxxxxxx
<kkthird@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I am very new to Linux (Fedora in particular) and I am
> having a hard time getting up and running. I have a
> Gateway Pentium III 500 MHz with 128 MB of RAM running
> Windows 98 (with 10 GB free space). I have reformatted
> my hard drive and reinstalled Win. 98. I then tried to
> install Fedora 3 and at the prompt where I specify
> "keep all partitions and use existing free space,"

free space here actually means unpartitioned space. if its already
partitioned under a different file system like fat or ntfs you should
choose any of the other options as required or delete the partition in
windows competely using fdisk and try
regards
Rahul Sundaram