Re: OT: ide interface cards...

Am Mo, den 15.11.2004 schrieb RoboticGolem um 13:03:

> I have an old Ultra133TX2 promise controller as an
add-on for my
> system (4x 120GB + 4x dvd) and whenever I enable dma
on any of the
>> promise controlled drives, system locks.  I'm
figuring that the driver
>> for the card isnt stable yet as outside of dma
mode, the card is rock
>> solid.  So my question is pretty much this;  Does
anyone know of a
>> good inexpensive ide controller add-on card that is
fully supported by
>> linux at this time?

>> Matt

>I have the same controller type in my hosts and zero
problems with it.

>Alexander

Same here.  I haven't upgraded to FC3 yet but I've had
three of those cards with a 6-drive RAID5 array
running with no problems using either FC1 or FC2.  It
even came up with DMA enabled right from the start!  I
suspect your problem may not lie with the adapter
card.

Cal