Re: OT: ide interface cards...

Calin Brabandt wrote:
> Same here.  I haven't upgraded to FC3 yet but I've had
> three of those cards with a 6-drive RAID5 array
> running with no problems using either FC1 or FC2.  It
> even came up with DMA enabled right from the start!  I
> suspect your problem may not lie with the adapter
> card.

Of course, there are dodgy examples of practically anything. I've got an
IDE adapter which is stable with read-only drives, but which will lock
the machine if you attach a read-write drive, whether ATAPI (say, a CD
writer) or IDE (a hard drive).

Other examples using the same revision of the silicon are fine.

(If you're really unlucky, you'll remember the SiS 530 chipsets on PC
Chips motherboards. It seemed as though every motherboard had something
different wrong with it!)

So it still could be that particular adapter.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "The letters are Elvish, of an ancient mode, but the
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | language is that of Microsoft, which I will not utter