Re: FC3: KDE Applications menu is empty [SOLVED]

sz beam wrote:
On Monday 15 November 2004 07:05 am, sz beam wrote:

So in short, KDE seems to be unable to find any applications at all

for

the menus.

Oh and, on this machine, under FC2, I'd upgraded KDE using the

packages

from http://kde-redhat.sf.net/ to kdebase-3.2.3-2.0.1.kde, etc. - the other one, which works fine, had the default Fedora updates package, whatever that was.

Sorry, should have looked more closely at the kde-redhat ML archives.

# rm -rf /var/tmp/kdecache-*
# rpm -V redhat-menus

shows that /etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu is missing. I copied this file over from another FC3 system and now menus and opening files works per normal. Though amazingly the contents of the menus on the two systems are now completely different *shrug*

I had the same problem and just did:

rpm -Uvh --force redhat-menus