Re: yum errors

On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 21:42, Timothy Payne wrote:
> [root@localhost ~]# yum -y update
> Repository updates-released already added, not adding again
> Repository base already added, not adding again
> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up Repo:  livna-stable
> Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: livna-stable
> failure: repodata/repomd.xml from livna-stable: [Errno 256] No more
> mirrors to try.
> [root@localhost ~]#

You should use the yum.conf that comes with FC3, which I assume you are
using by the error message you reported.  The repositories are located
in /etc/yum.repos.d/

You are probably experiencing the same problem I had, too many people
trying to update.  Read some of the posts in the archive for configuring
to use a mirror list closer to home.
--
Clifford Snow