Network troubles

Hi,
I have a laptop with FC2 running smoothly on it. Usually, at home and at
university I plugin the networking cable, the ip address gets DHCPed and
everything works fine.

Recently I also have a working place at a company where I also would like to
connect my laptop to the network. However, the company has a quite a security
system. All internet traffic goes through proxys. However, I do not want to
reconfigure my browser, ftp application, etc. every time. And as a second
thing some strange things happen, involving the automatic syncing of the
clock.

I was wondering if there was some smart thing to solve this, which runs on the
laptop. Maybe with a second network card or something (like you can do with
firewall problems and NFS, configure the firewall only on the 'unsafe'
network card).

Please help. Thanks ;)

- Jeroen