Re: Text mode installer

William Hooper wrote:

> Bill Somerville said:
> > Ben Smith wrote:
> >

> >> Bill,
> >>

> >> The 'text' option is a kernel option, as are all of the Fedora boot
> >> parameters.
> >
> > OK, so how do I set it with glbf? I've tried adding it to the line in
> > kernel.opt on the boot floppy image and I've tried adding it as a
> > --command-line and as  an --append. They all boot the installer in
> > graphical mode.
>
> Replace the "askmethod" with "text" after the append.  Seems to work for
> me in a quick test.  Adding it instead of replacing askmethod seems to
> make it blow up.

askmethod?

I don't understand this are we talking about the same thing? I'm using
glbf to bootstrap and in its floppy image there is a file 'kernel.opt'
which contains:

--initrd=/sysroot/isolinux/initrd.img /sysroot/isolinux/vmlinuz

which apart from the last entry (which is the kernel to load) are the
kernel options. The iso being booted is the boot.iso from the FC2
distro.

> --
> William Hooper

Bill Somerville