Re: A tip for ppl who download big iso files like fedora iso's

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 11:57 am, James Mckenzie wrote:

>>> snip

> It's also nice to see Azureus advise me that it dropped pieces because they
were corrupt.  It's also nice to see who has what (percent wise).  I actually
had a person with .2% feeding the torrent. I was at about 3.4% this morning,
but I'm restricted to dial-in (G3 on SprintPCS).  Neither DSL or Cable
Internet is available.

James:
Cheapbytes (www.cheapbytes.com) has had CDs and DVDs at $8.99 to $15.99 (plus
shipping) since yesterday. I just ordered a set. While I've only dealt with
them one time, I was very impressed with their service -- my disks showed up
a day before the promised date. FWIW, they'll probably deliver your disks
about the same time that you finish your download.

-- cmg (another Earthlink dialup guy -- but I'm going to cable RSN)