Re: FC3 and evdev driver

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 14:57 -0500, Frank wrote:
> In tryping to get my Synaptics touchpad working I notice the following
> statement at
> http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/index.html#TroubleShoot :
>

>           How do I use this driver with Linux kernel 2.6.x?
>
>     You need to have the "evdev" driver loaded or compiled into the
>     kernel (CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV). Set the "Protocol" parameter in the X
>     configuration file to "auto-dev". Also, if you set the "Device"
>     parameter to "/dev/psaux", the same X configuration file should work
>     for a 2.4.x kernel.
>

> Is this true?
>
> lsmod | grep evdev displays nothing.  Does this mean that I am not
> running this driver?  Do I need to recompile the kernel to get it?  (I
> can't believe that people are recompiling to kernel to get this common
> type of touchpad working).
>
> Frank.

Cross your fingers and try (as root): yum install synaptics.  I have
used this on my laptop for the past few months.  You probably need to
log out of X and, as root, init 1, followed by init 5, to load module.
I don't recall making any changes to xorg.conf to get the new touchpad
features to work.

Kevin Freeman