Re: squirrelmail help.

akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I being defeated by the task of installing squirrelmail yet people
use it so it must be possible. So two simple questions to start with:
1. Is there anywhere that really explains how the installation is to
be done in more detail then the explanation in the INSTALL file
which is inadequate to say the least.
2. In the instructions it says to point your browser to the
squirrelmail directory. This turns out to be hard since I don't know
which directory is to be considered as the squirrelmail directory.
What files are supposed to be in that directory when the browser
transfers control to it? I have tried both the rpm and the tar-ball
and both have confused me on that point.

oops, this was done in 2 minutes you need a web- and imap-server, allow cookies in your browser (cyrus-imapd need a litte bit more)

# rpm -q squirrelmail httpd dovecot
squirrelmail-1.4.3a-5
httpd-2.0.52-3
dovecot-0.99.11-1.FC3.4

-------- # cat /etc/httpd/conf.d/squirrelmail.conf # # SquirrelMail is a webmail package written in PHP. #

Alias /webmail /usr/share/squirrelmail
-------

# service httpd start
# service dovecot start

$ firefox 127.0.0.1/webmail

for further configuration

# cd /usr/share/squirrelmail/config/
# ./conf.pl

SquirrelMail Configuration : Read: config.php (1.4.0)
Main Menu --
1.  Organization Preferences
2.  Server Settings
3.  Folder Defaults
4.  General Options
5.  Themes
6.  Address Books (LDAP)
7.  Message of the Day (MOTD)
8.  Plugins
9.  Database

D.  Set pre-defined settings for specific IMAP servers

C.  Turn color off
S   Save data
Q   Quit

Command >>