Mail client - run a program when receive an email

For every email I receive I'd like to run a program
and have the program have access to the data in the
email.  It's been a while since I've used email on Red
Hat/Fedora (I got lazy and have been using yahoo mail)
- I used to use mutt with fetchmail and procmail but
never used that combination for anything like this.
Can it do that?  Can procmail kick off a program and
give the program the contents of the mail as input?

What other email clients can do that?  Can evolution?

TIA.

Hardy Merrill