Re: Perl errors

Am Mo, den 08.11.2004 schrieb Eucke Warren um 19:04:

> > Does any one have any ideas why I cannot run Perl scripts under apache.
> > The Perl script runs fine at the command line.

> > Brian

Is that still the broken Perl code you posted in the other thread?

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;
print "What is your username? ";
my $username;
$username = <STDIN>;
chomp($username);
print "Hello, $username.\n";

That does not work.

> I am interested in this one too for FC2.  Executes fine at the CLI but
> Apache won't touch it other than displaying the target script instead of
> executing it.  I've tried httpd.conf directives and .htaccess setting
> +ExecCGI to no avail...must be some little permissions switch but I cannot
> seem to trace it...anyone have a suggestion?
>
> -Eucke

Does no Perl work or your own code? without providing any useful
information (like code or which public available program you try to use
and the according error_log entries) no real answer can be given. And
what specific Apache configuration do you use? The cgi scripts are
displayed as source implies a broken httpd.conf setup.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 19:07:31 up 19 days, 16:47, load average: 0.17, 0.42, 0.48