Re: Where is the $LANG variable defined?

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 09:09, Björn Persson wrote:
> Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
>
> > I just use gnome-terminal to change encodings to match the remote server.
>
> What do you do when you need to transfer files with non-English
> filenames (with SCP, SFTP or Rsync)? It's kind of difficult to type the
> same filename twice on the same command line in two different encodings.
>
> Björn Persson

If you are using bash you might try using the auto completion option.
When typing a command line if you hit the tab key the shell will attempt
to auto complete based on the first few characters you type, if you hit
the tab key twice it will list all of the options if there are several
files with the same first few characters.

I use that a lot for those applications that use spaces in the file
names.

Might help with that problem.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

I'd like to see the government get out of war altogether and leave the
whole field to private industry.
		-- Joseph Heller