Re: Where is the $LANG variable defined?

Dave Lester wrote:

Well it happens in SecureCRT, but it also happens when I open a terminal window in Gnome or if I telnet/ssh from another system. I have an FC2 machine in my office that I use to ssh into the problematic one, and it also happens there.

It appears that OpenSSH totally ignores the fact that several character encodings exist. At least I haven't been able to get it to pay attention to character encodings. As a result you have to make sure that all the boxes you SSH to or from use the same character encoding. I suppose Telnet is no better.

Björn Persson