RE: Linux to be browse in windows folders file

On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 19:34, Irwin Mercader wrote:
> I installed Linux in a different Harddisk, and I installed the "windows file
> server" in the add/remove of Linux.
> and I still cannot find my Windows XP directory

Uhhhh?

I am not sure what you are doing here.  Is this a dual boot machine and
you are trying to access the XP data when booted to Linux?

If that is the case, and you are using NTFS on XP then you have a 2 step
process to go thru.
1. download and install the NTFS module for FC from
http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/

2. Create a mount point for the ntfs filesystem and mount it. Then you
can access the data (only as "read only" reliably).

If on the other hand this is one of 2 machines that are running and you
want to access the data on the XP machine you will have to set up samba
and turn on sharing on XP. (Samba is what you referred to as the Windows
File Server)

Samba will only run when Linux is running so it is worthless for your
needs if you are dual booting.