Re: Yum repo compatibility

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Colin Charles wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 10:46 +0000, Elvis wrote:
> > Hello everyone
> > Does anyone know of a definitive compatibility list for yum? There are
> > more and more different repos all over the place, some warning not to
> > mix with repo xyz - this can get confusing and trying to keep a stable,
> > up to date box! Could someone point me to a list? or if there are a lot
> > of replies to this, I could make one.
>
> No list, but this is definitely a FAQ
>
> Compatible (definitely, w/assurance):
>
> Fedora.us
> Livna
> Jpackage
> Macromedia Flash
> (possibly, a little unsure here) Freshrpms
>
> Not-compatible with the above (but maybe with each other):
> Dag
> apt.sw.be
> atrpms
> (if above fails :P) Freshrpms
> Nyquist
> <insert joe random repo>

Let me add to this that the incompatability of the 3rd party repositories
has nothing to do with the inability or unwillingness of the 3rd party
packagers (to the contrary). But the unwillingness (and policy) of
fedora.us to not allow for compatibility. Apparently it is too hard to
work with the community.

Kind regards,
--   dag wieers,  dag@xxxxxxxxxx,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --