Re: PS on exclusion Re: FC1 Users: Sample .... One more problem

Beartooth kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika maanantai, 1.
marraskuuta 2004 19:14):
> On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:46:53 -0500, Clint Harshaw wrote:
> > I'm not entirely clear on this desktop setup -- are you
> > really saying that you have at lease three browsers open at
> > all times, each with 10-20 pages being rendered? So at any
> > time, there are at least between 30 and 60 different web
> > pages being actively displayed?
>
> Not at all. On my panel is a workspace switcher with six
> boxes. Each one, when clicked on, gives me what amounts to a
> fresh desktop, or at least looks like one. One for my
> terminal, doing email and administrative stuff; one for each
> browser; one for my newsreader; and one with a terminal using
> a special profile -- a font small enough to make man pages
> format properly. And, of course, with tabs each browser only
> actually displays one site at a time, if any;

All the stuff you have running in hidden workspaces and browser
tabs is still consuming memory, CPU time and other system
resources. You might see just one site being displayed but your
machine is loaded with the task of keeping dozens of web pages
ready for instantaneous display.

--
 Markku Kolkka
 markku.kolkka@xxxxxx