Re: rpm newbie

Ben Anderson wrote:
Hi all,
I'm not trying to
start a flame war or anything (seems like most of the internet links I
found were), but how will I be updating packages on fedora? I think I
have my choice between rpm or apt-get? Is one preferred? If there
are articles or other documentation that you know of, feel free to
answer with a link instead of telling me something I could read
elsewhere. Thanks,
Ben Anderson

Here is another tool for using yum. http://www.cobind.com/yumgui.html

The next edition (FC3) of Fedora is close to being released and you may want to wait until that date before making a change.

I was looking at trying Gentoo but never got around to it for some of the same reasons you mentioned. Time to compile and admin my home system is to short.

Welcome.

--
Robin Laing