run levels (priority) and chkconfig --add

In order to add a service with chkconfig you need to add the two commented lines for run level, priority and description like:

# chkconfig: 35 30 20 # description: Starts and stops ESRI sde service

My question is, and I've read the man page on chkconfig, what are the priorities, in this case 30 and 20.

Are they the order in which this service is started relative to all services? Or are they the process priority to be given when the process is started or stopped? I'm leaning toward the "order" relative to all services but I just wanted to make sure. If this is the case than all services should have different numbers here??? Is the highest legal number 99?

Regards

Doug p