Re: Finding the SSID of a Wireless Network

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 00:05:00 -0400, rab <rab@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just to make sure I understand, do you mean I should enter the
> characters "any" in the input box for SSID? I either put in the known
> SSID or leave it blank. Thanks.
>
> Rick B.

That's what I do, put "any" as my SSID. This way, it connects to any
access point, no matter what the SSID of the base unit.

Maybe you can try scanning for wireless broadcasts. Try running, as root:

$  iwlist wlan0 scan

replacing wlan0 with whatever your wireless lan card is.

dex