Re: sbcglobal

Frank Pineau wrote:
On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 10:47 -0500, Phillip T. George wrote:

Even with business class service (DSL, that is), current/new accounts need
to use PPPoE.  They stopped allocating via straight DHCP quite some time
ago (I'm using a business class SBC DSL account, and I work for SBC).

OUCH.  Personally I prefer Cox cable.  DSL seems to suck, especially
when its PPPOE.

-Phillip

I dunno, I have SBC and my 3Mb/512kb is pretty nice, with speeds
comparable to cable and I don't have to share the bandwidth with
everyone in my neighborhood.  Plus, I have a /29.  The PPPoE aspect is
handled by the Cayman Netopia bridging router they gave me.

Frank,
Interesting...Where are you located?  DSL just never has seemed to work very well here...drops the connection a lot--at various locations, not just one.  The system was down most of the day on Friday for a lot of people in fact...  normally its just annoying because the modem needs to be reset at a lot of locations.
-Phillip