Re: OT: spammers are using my domain again

Thomas Zehetbauer wrote:

On Fre, 2004-10-08 at 22:18 -0500, Phillip T. George wrote:

Most likely your ISP is blocking outgoing (& incoming) port 25...SMTP. Its a common and wise trend with ISPs.

It's neither common nor wise, they just try to force you to use their SMTP server so they can read your mail and you either cannot use your provider independent e-mail addresses or their spamming customers can abuse them too.

It is also a very common problem that a big provider has had some
spamming customers that abused his smtp relay which is therefore
legitimately listed in rbl blacklists.

Tom

Tom,

HA. Do you think your ISP really needs you to use their SMTP server JUST so they can read your email? Its becoming more and more common each day, and I think its not that much of a sacrfice to make, so that there is less spam in the world (or at least less spam sources). ALSO, most ISPs that offer a businss service remove this restriction. You also may be able to call and make a personal request to have it turned on, just depends upon on the ISP.

-Phillip