Re: OT: spammers are using my domain again

On Fre, 2004-10-08 at 22:18 -0500, Phillip T. George wrote:
> Most likely your ISP is blocking outgoing (& incoming) port 25...SMTP.
> Its a common and wise trend with ISPs.

It's neither common nor wise, they just try to force you to use their
SMTP server so they can read your mail and you either cannot use your
provider independent e-mail addresses or their spamming customers can
abuse them too.

It is also a very common problem that a big provider has had some
spamming customers that abused his smtp relay which is therefore
legitimately listed in rbl blacklists.

Tom

--
  T h o m a s   Z e h e t b a u e r   ( TZ251 )
  PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89

"Memory is like gasoline. You use it up when you are running. Of course you
get it all back when you reboot..."
                                        Microsoft Helpdesk