Re: Automatic logging off

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Alex Baker wrote:

> I just recently installed Fedora Core 2.  After installing it i
> created a user id other than root.
> Problem: when logged in as root everything seems fine, however when
> logged in as the user after the set time the screen saver will kick in
> thats fine, but after a few more minutes the system will automaticly
> log the user off shutting down all open applications and loosing all
> data.  Up until this release this has never happened before.  Is this
> a new feature, if so I don't care for it, and how can i turn it off

Could this be a screensaver crashing X?  I don't believe there is an
autologout set by default, but killing X would certainly achieve the same
end.

Try turning off all screensavers except "blank screen" and see if the
problem goes away.

BTW, what is your hardware configuration (especially video card)?  What
video driver are you using?

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences