Automatic logging off

I just recently installed Fedora Core 2.  After installing it i
created a user id other than root.
Problem: when logged in as root everything seems fine, however when
logged in as the user after the set time the screen saver will kick in
thats fine, but after a few more minutes the system will automaticly
log the user off shutting down all open applications and loosing all
data.  Up until this release this has never happened before.  Is this
a new feature, if so I don't care for it, and how can i turn it off

--
Alex Baker