Re: Creating GNOME/KDE entries in user's menu from scripts...

> I can understand the format of the .menu files, but where to put
> them seems cryptic.

You mean you want the directory of the .desktop entries for different
menu items? There are a few but the main one that I use for example is
'/usr/share/applications/'. You can install items only as root though
and their changes are system wise. I remember I tried some time ago to
figure out how user defined changes can be implemented but it didn't
work and I got tired of looking. I am the only user of my laptop!

F.