Re: does FC2 support NTFS ?

I find it difficult to believe that Red Hat would actually ship NTFS modules in EL. Simply because there was/is a big stink about licensing issues and getting sued up the ying yang by Microsoft.

To the best of my knowledge FC 1 or 2 doesn't ship with the NTFS drivers. Unless you can prove otherwise.

Cheers,

	Aly.

I know RHEL3 does, and believe FC as well supports NTFS partitions as
read-only.   So the support is pretty limited.  What errors are you
getting when you try to do the mount?
Is the box detecting both drives?  It is possible that the drive is
not being detected well in that configuration because of the jumpers
and the master/slave configuration on the drives.  One option might be
to get a Knoppix disk, put the D ONLY drive on the machine, boot to
Knoppix and try to copy (cp) whatever files you need.  Once you have
done what you need, you can then decide whether to format to ext3 over
a failed operating system.  .

--
Aly Dharshi
aly.dharshi@xxxxxxxxx