Re: does FC2 support NTFS ?

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:46:04 -0400, Kali <kalike@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> does FC2 support NTFS ?   i want to acess the windows 'D' drive {i can
> access 'C" using the mount command but not my backup partition D
> drive} which is currently on another Hard disk  using a SATA Intel
> Motherboard. FC2 is in the old HD. {{ Btw, windows has crashed (not
> surprising at all) and hence the long route }}
>
> Second problem is that the mozilla browser has also gone kaput and
> does not load. How do i set it right ? Please be kind as i am quet new
> to the *nix world :-)
> thanks for your time,
> Kali
>
> --

I know RHEL3 does, and believe FC as well supports NTFS partitions as
read-only.   So the support is pretty limited.  What errors are you
getting when you try to do the mount?
Is the box detecting both drives?  It is possible that the drive is
not being detected well in that configuration because of the jumpers
and the master/slave configuration on the drives.  One option might be
to get a Knoppix disk, put the D ONLY drive on the machine, boot to
Knoppix and try to copy (cp) whatever files you need.  Once you have
done what you need, you can then decide whether to format to ext3 over
a failed operating system.  .

Don't know about mozilla, can you give us some more details on this?
If you just want to uninstall, you can do

# rpm -e mozilla-packagename.rpm   or maybe just try #rpm -e mozilla*.rpm

Once it is gone, re-download the rpm for mozilla, and install it with
the  command:

#rpm -Uvh <packagename>

HTH