Re: How to get cdrecord working in FC2?

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:54:57 -0400, Filippos Klironomos
<presariod@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > [root@help root]# modprobe ide-cd
> > FATAL: Module ide_cd not found.
> >

> This means no ATAPI support for that kernel. If you want CD writing
> support you have to go the traditional scsi emulation way, but this
> will disturb the rest of the kernels you have.

I dont get it I am using the standard fedora kernels, why has this
suddenly go shitty for me?

> I am not familiar with the differences between the kernels but I would
> assume that both have direct ATAPI support which means they have
> ide-cd module present.
>
> Do an lsmod for the kernel version that works and see what modules are
> loaded up.

lsmod shows sg & scsi_mod loaded but no ide-cd, and now with the
cdrecord.conf ammendments I can burn an iso as root using cdrecord
using kernel-2.6.8-1.521.

I still cannot use k3b it just hangs at "Scanning Devices...." and
shows as dead "D" in ps.

If i boot into kernel-2.6.7-1.494.2.2 the following even cdrecord -v
-scanbus dev=ATAPI hangs as root. lsmod shows sg & scsi_mod but no
ide-cd.

Asked another fc2 user in #fedora on freenode to check if they had
scsi_mod and sg which they did, so this might be heading in the wrong
direction.

Thanks
Pybe