Re: Replacement for "Fair Use Wizard"?

--On Friday, September 24, 2004 3:18 PM -0400 Shawn Milo <ShawnMilo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I do not want something where multiple apps are required
(one to extract the VOBs, one to do the conversion, etc.)

I do not want to have to have to pass several arguments to
the application at the command line, although I have no problem
with a command-line application.

You do understand that this goes completely against the robust Unix policy of modularity? By separating tasks into modules, bugs in one module are easy to track and don't easily "infect" others. Fixes are easily deployed. End user customization and development of new and complex applications becomes possible.

Simplicity is important, though, and you don't have to give that up for modularity. You just need someone to provide an integration script for the specific problem you want to simplify, tying together the modules and plugging in the needed arguments and options.