Re: Fedora2 and WindowsXP success?

Nick David wrote:

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 19:04, Adam Boettiger wrote:

talberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Has ANYONE had success running a dual boot Fedora2 and WindowsXP system on one hard drive with different partitions?

I just did it last week, knowing nothing about Linux. I used PartitionMagic by PowerQuest. Runs around $70 but is a necessity if you want to be able to shrink your existing partition that XP is on and then create a new one. I created a second one that FC2 now resides on that is 10G in size.

> You don't need to do that just go online and download the first > mandrake disk that has a free partition resize utility. Just let it > setup your partitions and reboot your system into the fedora > installer.

You don't even need to do that. Download "System Rescue CD" (http://www.sysresccd.org) and use "qtparted" to repartition.

AB

--

-John (john@xxxxxxxxxxx)