Mailing list message stats for August 2004

Total messages reported may be lower than actually sent on the list due
to down time incurred due to hurricane Charley.

Total messages 5993

Messages marked as SOLVED

SOLVED: About floppy
USB Mount Problem [SOLVED] by kernel upgrade
SOLVED: subversion upgrade - "Expected version '3' of repository"
VPN connection SOLVED
Synaptics TouchPad in FC2 [SOLVED]
mozilla help/about (no version number)-SOLVED
[SOLVED] FC2 + k3b + LG GCC-4521B DVD+CDRW combo anyone?
patching kernel 2.6.5 - RESOLVED
[SOLVED] Netfilter Modules
[SOLVED] Error trying to open Open Office from user.
USB Mount Problem [SOLVED] by kernel upgrade
samba printer [RESOLVED]
SOLVED (mostly) - cd/cd-rw confusion and hanging WAS: argh!
[SOLVED] ftp and passive mode
[SOLVED] kmail and crypto plugin
SOLVED: OT: Setting up a forwarding mail domain in DMZ without
[SOLVED] Increasing the maximum number of open files

Top 25 posters

Number of posts 	Poster

  342		Alexander Dalloz
  163		Scot L. Harris
  138		James Wilkinson
  80		Aaron Gaudio
  77		Nifty Hat Mitch
  64		netmask
  62		Michael Schwendt
  59		Paul Howarth
  57		Kevin Wang
  55		Jeff Vian
  55		William Hooper
  51		Robert P. J. Day
  51		Yang Xiao
  50		Andrew Konosky
  47		D. D. Brierton
  46		Mike Ramirez
  46		Brian Fahrlander
  45		Kenneth Porter
  44		Gene Heskett
  42		Mark Haney
  41		Bill Tetens
  41		Mike Burger
  39		Timothy Murphy
  39		Jim Cornette
  38		RoboticGolem

Top 25 subjects

Number of posts 	Subject

  112		Inappropriate content in Fedora Core 2
  57		Linux-friendly ISPs?
  48		MORE SSH Hacking: heads-up
  43		Setting up network
  40		Help me find 5 mistakes and than solution to thoes mistakes!
  35		Cron useage question
  32		(no subject)
  28		(newbie) sendmail Masquerading Help?
  27		wonder
  26		I also wonder...
  26		Cannot install FC2
  25		Cannot connect to pop server
  24		Nautilus slow to browse samba shares
  23		Rpmbuild question
  22		Failed dependencies error upon downloading yum
  22		Windows Media players
  22		find in conjuction with grep
  21		How to edit partition labels?
  21		route (is it forwarding packets?) (sorry if duplicate).
  21		how to change my source address in sendmail??
  20		DNS lookup in FC2 still slow.
  20		Automatically mounting USB flash disks/ USB thumb drives
  20		attached messages
  20		Is there anyway I could boot linux faster
  20		Yum has screwed up my system :-(

Clients used

  1708		Ximian Evolution
  541		Mozilla Thunderbird