Re: How to create a fat32 partition from FC2 ?

Jeff Vian wrote:
> AFAIK I do not believe it possible to install XP in an extended
> partition.

Actually, in my experience, what NT based versions of Windows want is to
be able to write a bootloader to a primary partition, which must
therefore be some variant of FAT or NTFS (or presumably HPFS in some
ancient cases).

The rest can go on a logical partition, and the NT install program will
automatically set up an extended partition with a logical partition
rather than have another primary partition on the same disk.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | ... and watched Richard Stallman ask one of the
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | waiting staff whether the spring rolls did indeed