Re: Problem playing DVD's

Joachim Backes wrote:

On 01-Sep-2004 Clint Harshaw wrote:

Bill Tetens wrote:

I got some advice about loading Totem to play movies with the DVD drive I just installed.

Using the instructions I inslalled lidvd* libMad* totem* using Yum from Dag and as far as I can tell the install went without a hitch.

I don't know if this will address the specific error that you are getting, but double-check the libdvd* libmad* above. There are errors, spelling and capitalization, in what you provided that would prevent Totem from working properly.

Here is the correct command you'll want:

# yum install libdvd* libmad* totem*

I would say: yum install 'libdvd*' 'libmad*' 'totem*'

Joachim Backes

--

Joachim Backes <backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
University of Kaiserslautern,Computer Center,

Hope this helps, Clint

When I try to start the Totem movie player I get the followin error message. Any one got any help I hope so.

Error message:

Totem could not startup
Could not link video output thread (cs and balance}

If you have a solution give me a lot of details as I am still a beginner.

Thanks
Bill

I just tried that and got the following result.]

# yum install libdvd* libmad* totem*
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Base
Server: Fedora.us Extras (Stable)
Server: Fedora.us Extras (Testing)
Server: Fedora.us Extras (Unstable)
Server: Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
Server: Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages (testing)
Server: Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages (unstable)
Server: macromedia.mplug.org - Flash Plugin
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Released Updates
retrygrab() failed for:
http://ftp.ens.utulsa.edu/pub/linux/fedora/core/updates/2/i386/headers/header.info
Executing failover method
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
gstreamer-plugins-mp3-0-0 100% |=========================| 3.5 kB 00:00 Resolving dependencies
....Unable to satisfy dependencies
Package totem-mozilla needs totem = 0:0.99.12-0.lvn.2.2, this is not available.

Is it saying totem is not available for FC2?

Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia