Re: problem with Apache 2.0.50 on FC1

Am Do, den 26.08.2004 schrieb Ronald Nissley um 23:56:
> ...or more likely it's an issue with my configuration. I'm trying to
> setup name-based virtual hosts. In my case, I have two internal sites I
> want to host (e.g. site1.mydomain.org and site2.mydomain.org). In
> /etc/httpd/conf.d/ I have two config files (site1.conf and site2.conf)
> corresponding to the two sites.

A strange configuration, at least. Usually you have only one config file
in /etc/httpd/conf, which is httpd.conf

In this file you configure the two virtual domains in the following way:

<---------------------  snip  ------------------------------------->
### Section 3: Virtual Hosts
#
# VirtualHost: If you want to maintain multiple domains/hostnames
# on your machine you can setup VirtualHost containers for them.
# Most configurations use only name-based virtual hosts so the
# server doesn't need to worry about IP addresses. This is
# indicated by the asterisks in the directives below.
#
# Please see the documentation at
# <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/>
# for further details before you try to setup virtual hosts.
#
# You may use the command line option '-S' to verify your virtual host
# configuration.

#
# Use name-based virtual hosting.
#
NameVirtualHost *:80

# Defaults for virtual hosts
# Logs
#
#

# Virtual host Default Virtual Host
#<VirtualHost *>
#
# 	ServerSignature email
#
#	DirectoryIndex  index.php index.html index.htm index.shtml
#
# 	LogLevel  warn
# 	HostNameLookups off
#</VirtualHost>

# Virtual host site1.mydomain.org
<VirtualHost *:80>
 	ServerName site1.mydomain.org
	ServerAlias www.site1.mydomain.org

 	DocumentRoot /var/httpd/site1
 	ServerAdmin root@localhost
 	ServerSignature email
</VirtualHost>

# Virtual host site2.mydomain.org
<VirtualHost *:80>
 	ServerName	site2.mydomain.org
	ServerAlias	www.site2.mydomain.org

 	DocumentRoot	/var/httpd/site2

 	ServerAdmin root@localhost

 	ServerSignature email

</VirtualHost>

Working here perfectly

You can put the configuration for each virtual host into its own
configuration (sub-)file. But it's not the fedora way of doing it (e.g.
compatibel with system-config-httpd)

Peter