Re: rsync (ssh) a fedora mirror

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Les Mikesell wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 02:54, Axel Thimm wrote:
>
> > rsync://rsync.atrpms.net/download.atrpms.net/mirrors/fedoracore/
> >
> > will carry an rsync mirror of download.fedora.redhat.com (the mirror
> > is already in place, but is http only for the time).
>
> Does anything actually understand the URL notation for rsync?

Of course rsync does and I did a feature request to have rsync support in
lftp. So hopefully lftp will. Yam also uses the rsync scheme because it
simply made the most sense.

I'm not sure if there's anything beyond rsync/ftp/http/sftp that Yam could
support, but if there's a request I'll certainly look into it.

--   dag wieers,  dag@xxxxxxxxxx,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --