Re: rsync (ssh) a fedora mirror

Hi Mike,

thanks for the information. Yam seems to be great.
However, it actually still doesn't solve my first
problem since its first choice is rsync, which mean
that I still need to use ssh in fact.
It seems to support lftp so if I can socksify lftp, I
should be able to get my mirror.

Alain

--- Mike Ramirez <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 04:00, alain volmat wrote:
> > I'm trying to use rsync over ssh to synchronise my
> > server with one of fedora mirror.
> > The problem is very simple actually, I'm being
> asked
> > for a password (ssh password on the fedora
> mirror),
> > which of course I don't have.
> > My question is: are there any "anonymous" ssh
> > rsync fedora mirror that I could use ?
> > Or maybe I just miss some important point
> concerning
> > ssh ...
> >
> > I know that my problem would be solved by just
> using
> > rsync over rsh, but I have no choice but to use a
> > socksified ssh.
> >
> > Alain
> >

> Yam may be the answer here as it uses rsync by
> default and mirrors
> several servers beyond the core and updates
> including freshrpms extras,
> dags, dries, and newrpms.  I have been using it to
> keep a mirror for  my
> local network.  You won't have to do anything but
> run "yam -uxg" to
> mirror the servers.  you can get it at
>
> http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/yam/
>
> By default it will download rpms for both i386 and
> x86_64 arch types. If
> you don't need one or the other just remove it from
> the /etc/yam.conf
>
> Unless you need to change your www dir you shouldn't
> need to change
> anything else. But below is a copy of the
> /etc/yam.conf file for yam .5,
> with a a description of each option.
>
> Just so you guys know it can also mirrors servers
> for Tao, CentOS,
> Whitebox, RHEL  (Support for rhn is planned for the
> future), and SuSE.
>

> [main]
> srcdir=/var/yam  <-- where the files are stored it
> symlinks them to the
> wwwdir
> wwwdir=/var/www/yam  <-- the www dir for your hhtpd
> server
> createrepo=no <-- leave it as default
> arch=i386 <--Default arch type.  The one specified
> below will overide
> this setting
>
> [fc2]
> release=2  <-- version of release
> arch=i386 x86_64  <-- just edit this as needed.
> tag=fc2 rhfc2  <-- rpm os tag
> iso=FC$release-$arch-disc?.iso  <-- if you don't
> have the iso its ok
> leave it default
> ####List of servers to mirror

core=rsync://ayo.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/pub/freshrpms/ayo/fedora/linux/$release/$arch/RPMS.$repo/

updates=rsync://ayo.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/pub/freshrpms/ayo/fedora/linux/$release/$arch/RPMS.$repo/

dag=rsync://apt.sw.be/pub/freshrpms/pub/dag/fedora/$release/en/$arch/RPMS.$repo/

dries=rsync://apt.sw.be/pub/freshrpms/pub/dag/dries/fedora/linux/$release/$arch/RPMS.$repo/

freshrpms=rsync://ayo.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/pub/freshrpms/ayo/fedora/linux/$release/$arch/RPMS.$repo/

newrpms=rsync://newrpms.sunsite.dk/projects/newrpms/www/htdocs/apt/redhat/en/$arch/fc$release/RPMS.$repo/