Re: adaptec controller

> im trying to install fedora core 2, using an adaptec 1210SA controller,
but
> keep getting theese lost interrupt errors when booting from the cd.
>
> Is there any solution to this problem, or should i go for another
controller
> ?
>
> which SATA controller would you suggest for the fedora distribution ?
> (kernel 2.6+)

I had the same problem.  From what I could find out it is a bug in Kernel
2.6.   I finally just plugged and extra IDE CD-Rom in place of a zip drive
and loaded from it.  After installation I had no problems with my AdvanSys
SCSI card.  I suppose you could also use Core 1 and update, or find out if
you can load Kernel 2.4 somehow.  This is not just a Fedora problem, I tried
Mandrake 10 and had the same issues, but it allowed the option of loading
Kernel 2.4 from the boot disk.

Chris