Re: help with nvidia driver and XFree

Am Di, den 24.08.2004 schrieb Edward um 3:38:

> > I have a problem with nvidia driver and XFree: At every boot something --I don't
> > know what, this thing doesn't sign its crime!-- write a new XF86Config file and
> > overwrite MY XF86Config writen according to the instructions given by nvidia;
> > example: nvidia tells to replace "Driver nv" which is obsolete, by "Driver
> > nvidia" and the monster everytime replaces "nvidia" by "nv".

> I have NEVER heard of that happening. Are you running any weird
> non-standard software? Are you sure you're actually SAVING your changes
> when you modify? Have you tried running in mode 3 just to test all this
> so you can start and stop X at will? If running multiple configurations,
> are you sure what you're modifying and the one configuration that's
> actually being used are the same?

> Ed.

I remember someone else had exactly the same problem some month ago.
Unfortunately I do not remember what was causing the problem. A good
search through the list archive should point out what it was.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 04:34:33 up 4 days, 17 users, load average: 0.12, 0.73, 1.04