Re: KDE Sound Issues

Jason Brower wrote:

My when I install KDE I can only hear crackaling for the sound.  Even
when I go into gnome it does the same thing.  If I use gnome first and
not kde, sound works until I login with kde.  So I have resorted to
gnome and no KDE.  But how can I fix the problem.

Jason, this question about crackling sound has been tackled already this week. Please read the archives first in future.

First thing you need to do is check your mixer settings. Mute everything except the playback controls you need.

If there's still a problem, then get back to us, or do a google search.

Regards,
Ed.