Re: USB enclosure and partition size (Update)

Joel Jaeggli schrieb:

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Markus Huber wrote:

Just formatted a Maxtor 200 GB ATA 133 HD - one partition, ext3. I want to use it in an USB enclosure (CP Technologies CP-U2I-3A).

If your usb enclosure supports 48bit lba block mode it should work with any size disk you can buy currently. I have 120GB and 250GB drives in USB enclosures that are well behaved.

Well ... obviously not. The hdd freezes during copying stuff on it. On the other hand: it was very cheap (almost half the price it was a few months ago). So I did a bit of DIY: small hdd out, new big one in. And I will use the USB enclosure with the small one (60 GB) for swapping files with my laptop or at work (teachers are allowed to do that ;-).

Markus