Re: OT: Setting up a forwarding mail domain in DMZ without pinhole.

Sanjay,

This is my first post here.

I've been following this thread through the archives, and while a great deal of your requirement is that you don't want to create a pin-hole.  It occurs to me the that you (or someone else following this thread, looking for a similar solution) may not know that it's possible to open directed pin-holes - an opening on a firewall that is only accessible from a single IP address.  This in conjunction with a non-standard SMTP port set-up (say port 2525), and you've got full function SMTP without the need to set up a laborious batch-transfer.

For details on how to set up a directed pin-hole, look at the Fedora (and RedHat 9) NTP time sync.  Under Core 2 : /etc/rc.d/init.d/ntpd start reading at line 67.

Thanks,
Gary Allen Vollink
--
Admin/User of Fedora Core 2 for a week.
Admin/User of RedHat EL ES v 3 for 7 months.