stuck on port 25

Good day,
          I spend several hours trying to figure what is not working here...
I check the archived and probably over looked.

I can connect my port 25 if I use the terminal on the localhost (Linux box),
but not from my lan. I disable the firewall, same thing. My service port 25
point to mail, and mail is there in my /bin, I bet you this is something
very simple that I keep overlooking. But what? can you help??

Thanks

Jean