Cannot start X windows

I have installed a Fedora 2 in my computer. while
installing a FC2, GUI based installation cannot go
through, my monitor become blink once the X is
started. To install the FC2 i choose text based
installation and all been successed.

the problem appear again when i startup the FC2, the
system caused my monitor go blink again and hang on
half way. i tried to boot from a rescue mode to change
my \etc\X11\Xorg.conf by using a vim command. but when
i go into the text editor "vim", the vim seem have a
bugs, i cannot modify anything and not even the cursor
to move up and down.

for your information, i'm using Nvidia G43 and my
monitor maximum resolution is 1024x768 60Hrz

any idea to success for my first boot of fedora 2?